Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DIY tutorial: clutch with feathers

You'll need:
*a clutch
*a bunch of decorative feathers
*hot glue gun
*a embellished ribbon
* acrylic paint + brush


1.First I took this old brown clutch, it's nice but bit... boring.

2.Start gluing feathers on the clutch, use hot glue gun (be careful, I burned my thumb least four times) or some other strong clue.




3.Paint your bag with black acrylic paint, let the paint dry and then add the second layer. (If you're wiser than me, then paint before adding the feathers) Skip this step if your bag is already black or in some other colour which matches with your feathers.


4.Finally I glued on the embellished ribbon. I know, it looks bit tacky but it's good to hide... that place where I glued on the feathers, because it's look ugly and add little touch of glamour.






This not that kind of bag I would buy (although I would wear) but I had lot of fun while making it and that's the most important.

Happy holidays!